Re: OS Future now that Fedora Legacy defunct

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 20:27 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 10:19:05AM +0900, Naoki wrote:
> > I think the question I'm more interested in the answer to is; will
> > somebody be picking up Legacy?
>
> No one with sufficient resources has stepped forward.
>
> > They state "The current model for supporting maintenance distributions
> > is being re-examined." which doesn't actually explain what the problem
> > with the old method was..
> > People, hardware, hosting, donations??
>
> People. Specifically, 1-3 basically full-time positions -- so, money too.

You nailed that one right on the head. They're spending a lot of effort
and the cha-ching to bring FC6 to the table, why not use it? So far, it
works like a dream. Plus, the kernel and gcc and all the rest of the
Linux world has progressed as well, which is all wrapped up into FC6.
Might as well bite the bullet and move upwards and onwards.

Jus' my two cents worth. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net