webcams and FC5

After much fiddling around I still have been unable to get my cheap
Creative Webcam Instant working with FC5.  It's "same as it ever was"
with computers: you either spend more time or spend more money....

Has anybody out there been able to get ANY webcam working with FC5?  Are
there any webcam drivers in this distro?  I'd prefer not to have to use
some special kernel that's not part of Fedora.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Jerry