Re: AverTV DVB T USB2 {-2.5} {-2.5}

On Monday 18 December 2006 03:00, John Bowden wrote:
> On Sunday 17 December 2006 14:35, Vini Engel wrote:
> > John Bowden said the following on 17/12/06 15:56:

> > > Latest update...
> > > Linux seems to load a firmware to change the unit from a800 to a801,
> > > which means windoz sees it as a new device during start up and can't
> > > find any drivers for it (as its now a a801 not a800). I tried to
> > > manually install the original ones off the disk and some updated ones
> > > off the Avermedia's web site but windoz won't have it. I shut down the
> > > pc and went and made a cup of tea. when I got back I noticed the usb
> > > box still had its blue light on. It was still powered up! unplugging
> > > the usb cable from the box powered it down and booting into windozs it
> > > worked again. Rebooted into Fedora and it didnt work! Dmesg showed it
> > > had been recognised and the firmware had been loaded, so rebooted back
> > > into Fedora and its working. Just got to get the remote working now!
> >
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I have the same DVB box but my one doesn't seem to work at all. The
> > kernel modules get loaded fine and firmware is also being found by the
> > modules. However the devices in /dev are not being created.
> >
> > I am running FC5 with Kernel 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5, I also tried on FC6 with
> > the latest kernel default kernel and the devices were not created either.
> >
> > Would any of you have any ideas as to why it is not working?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Vini
>
> Do you run windoz as well, does it have any problems with it? Is the blue
> light on the front of the box come on when running FC. What does dmesg say

No I don't run windows and the blue light never comes on.

This is what my dmesg says, there are also some usb messages that I couldn't
find as I got these ones from the message log file and not the dmesg.

dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia AverTV DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800)' in cold state, will
try to load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-avertv-a800-02.fw'

Regards,
Vini