Re: GRUB to boot other disks

David Timms wrote:
Hadders wrote:
Hi all,
 I'm just wondering if I can use Grub to boot another disk.

I've got my primary boot drive as a RAID container. After install I've plugged back in /dev/hda and /dev/hdb (paranoid in case something went wrong) and now I'd like to have Grub which was installed onto the MBR of the container boot /dev/hda partition (0), which is Windows XP.

I thought I could just go
rootnoverify(hd1,0)
chainloader +1
I tink (their4 I am :) that hd1 is second disk, but to tell for sure:
rootnoverify (hd0,0)/ {tab to show possible completions}
You should see files that you expect to find {for ext3 etc}.

There is also a command to swap two drives, that helps people trying to boot sooky win os's.

DaveT.

Yeah, it was hd1,x  but then I've broken stuff.. see my new thread.