Re: gnucash 2.0.2-1.fc6.x86-64 depends on firefox

On 12/14/06, Charles Tuckey <charles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/14/06, James Wilkinson <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Charles Tuckey wrote:
> > If possible I don't want to have to install firefox 64 bit because I
> > have firefox 32 bit already installed. I hear they don't conflict but
> > I'd prefer not to mix the two on my system anyways.
>
> If you're talking about the Fedora Firefox packages, they don't
> technically conflict, but /usr/bin/firefox (a shell script) will always
> run the 64 bit version if it is installed.
>
> So why don't you try installing the 32 bit version of gnucash?

Mostly because I'm stubborn. I want my system to be as much 64 bit as
I can reasonably figure out how to do. I gave up on firefox 64 bit
because of troubles with proprietarty plugins (acrobat, flash, etc). I
couldn't get nspluginwrapper to work for me.

charlie

I finally got around to installing firefox 64. The /usr/bin/firefox
script is exactly the same for both firefox 32 & firefox 64. To fix
the script to run firefox 32, become root and edit the script file by
commenting out these lines:
   #if [ -x "/usr/lib64/firefox-1.5.0.8/firefox-bin" ]
   #then
   #  MOZ_LIB_DIR="/usr/lib64"
   #fi
Once I did that, firefox 32 seems to run fine.

--
Regards,
   Charlie