Re: or51132 module for ATSC vs tvtime/kdetv

On Friday 15 December 2006 13:46, Markku Kolkka wrote:
>Gene Heskett kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 15.
>
>joulukuuta 2006 19:45):
>> Clicking on digital tv in kaffiene gets me a small window that
>> says "Live digital tv only works with the xine engine".
>> I believe that is installed.
>
>Have you chosen the Xine engine from the Kaffeine settings menu?

Yes.  And now that error above has gone away, but now it just shows a
blank black screen when dvb is selected.  The channel scanning does not
detect anything.

>Do you have the /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory after loading the
>modules?

Yes, it shows:
[root@coyote dvb-atsc-tools-1.0.4]# ls -R /dev/dvb
/dev/dvb:
adapter0

/dev/dvb/adapter0:
demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0

And an lspci shows these:
01:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and
Audio Decoder (rev 05)
01:07.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio
Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

>From this utilities package:dvb-atsc-tools-1.0.4, dtvscan has returned
this so far:
[root@coyote dvb-atsc-tools-1.0.4]# dtvscan
dtvscan ver 1.0.4 - by Jack Kelliher (c) 2002,2005,2006
Attempting to open /dev/dtv
Opened FE:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 3
Opened DMX:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 4
Opened DVR:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 5
channel = 2 VSB_8
channel = 3 VSB_8
channel = 4 VSB_8
channel = 5 VSB_8
channel = 6 VSB_8
Signal: 32
Signal: 35
Signal: 36
Signal: 33
Signal: 34
Signal: 36
Signal: 38
Signal: 40
Signal: 41
Signal: 40
Signal: 40
Signal: 35
Signal: 37
Signal: 37
Signal: 40
Signal: 41
Signal: 39
Signal: 40
Signal: 36
Signal: 34
Signal: 36
Signal: 40
Signal: 41
Signal: 41
Signal: 39
Signal: 41
Signal: 37
Signal: 35
Signal: 36
Signal: 36
Signal: 38
Signal: 38
Signal: 40
Signal: 40
Signal: 34
Signal: 35
Signal: 36
Signal: 35
Signal: 37
Signal: 34
channel = 7 VSB_8
channel = 8 VSB_8

So obviously it is seeing something on channel 6, center freq 85mhz.
And 'dtvsignal 6' is now reporting figures similar to the above snip.

But its taking 20 seconds per empty channel scanned, so this will take a
while.  I might as well stop it, and redirect it to the channels.conf,
but the README says it will generate it.  Humm, its too concise to bother
telling me how.  Ahh, from its error screen, the -o <filename> option.

So, once that's done, and I figure out where to put this 'channels.conf'
file, I can try it again.

>--
> Markku Kolkka
> markku.kolkka@xxxxxx

Thanks again, Markku.

--
Cheers, Gene01:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3
PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
01:07.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio
Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: