Re: Audio input

At the risk of sounding dumb:

How old is the phono-player?

The reason I'm asking is because some of the older
players have a different style of pre-amplifier and
require a special input. (long time since I dealt with
this... I think it was called a "ceramic input")
Without the right input on your amplifier it would
sound very faint or possibly not be audible at all.

Try another sound source on that input to see if it
works.

George

P.S. Free advice is guaranteed to be worth every penny
you paid for it.