Re: How to view what hardware has been detected in FC6

Hi Tim

2006/12/15, Tim ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

And there's a Gnome HAL tool ("yum install hal-gnome", then you can run
"hal-device-manager", or run it from the same menu, also called
"hardware") that gives even more information.  I can't recall the name
of the package it comes in.

The above stupidity (two different programs listed in the menu as
"hardware") is why I hate the really thick idea of putting entries in
menus with nothing other than generic names.  Take a less in
user-friendliness, you STUPID programmers!  This is a years-old dumb
thing, the time for hinting how dumb that is, is long past.

Thank you for the suggestion.
For the menu, in FC6 / Gnome is easy to modify every menu entry, so I fix myself this annoyng problem.

Thanks

--
Alessandro Brezzi