Re: Public keys - again.

On Friday 15 December 2006 11:34, David Timms wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Name        : gpg-pubkey                   Relocations: (not relocatable)
> > Version     : e42d547b                          Vendor: (none)
> > Release     : 3960bdf1                      Build Date: Thu 14 Dec 2006
> > 11:07:30 AM GMT
> > Install Date: Thu 14 Dec 2006 11:07:30 AM GMT      Build Host: localhost
> > Group       : Public Keys                   Source RPM: (none)
> > Size        : 0                                License: pubkey
> > Signature   : (none)
> > Summary     : gpg(Matthias Saou (Thias)
> > <matthias.saou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>) Description :
>
> Anne, from the man: rpm thinks of the gpg keys the same as packages, so
> you should be able -e the ones that might be a problem.

Is the 'rpm -qa --info' command actually listing installed keys, or multiple
installs of the same key?  Apart from 'build date' I don't see any difference
between them.

> By the way, I can't see lshw in freshrpms, but in rpmforge.

Hmm - I wonder.  I did a search to find which repo was offering it, then
downloaded to do a localinstall.  I did, at one point, look at rpmforge, but
it seemed to be concerned with FC up to FC4?  OTOH, the name of the package
is lshw-2.09-1.fc6.rf.i386.rpm, which does look as though it could be
rpmforge.  Perhaps I've been totally confused from the beginning.  That comes
from going the long way around to find it, instead of installing and enabling
all repos to use 'yum search'.

Sorry if I've wasted everyone's time.

Anne