Re: fc6, hp8000, n-up printing problem

> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 14:46 -0600, Kevin Martin wrote:
>> I've used system-config-printer to configure an HP8000 printer, and it works fine, until I try to do n-up printing.  Here's the
>> config for the hp8000.
>
> (Just to check: on FC6, right?)

Yes, on FC6 (well, actually, the printer was originally configured on FC5 and then I did an rpm/yum upgrade to FC6...I have not gone
so far as to delete the printer and re-add it...I guess I assumed that it would just work but I suppose there could be some FC5'isms
lying around).

>> The 2 problems I run into is the odd number pages print to the right, the even number to the left, and the page to the left overlaps
>> and obscures part of the page to the right (this may go away once I've got the first issue straightened out).
>
> Not sure I quite understand what both the problems are.  At first glance
> it does sound like a bug in the CUPS PostScript filter
> (/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstops) though.

The two problems I was trying to describe were:

1). odd number pages printing on the right, even number on the left, even though it was setup to print lrtb.
2). page that prints on the left overlaps the page that prints on the right.  I would assume that when you print 2-up on a landscape
page that it would compress each page to fit on 1/2 of a page of std paper.

Thanks for the reply.

Kevin