Re: Video drivers on laptop with ATI card.

On 14/12/06, Charles Tuckey <charles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 with the ATI X1400 card. You will need to
install the ATI  driver to use it properly but the vesa driver will do
until you can do that. You might want to
look at http://inspironlinux.blogspot.com where I'm documenting
setting up my laptop with FC6. It's not a "how-to" by any stretch of
the imagination but you might find something useful. I haven't posted
how to actually do the driver install yet. That's the next post,
should be up in a couple days. As the other poster said, phoronix.com
is a good site too.

charlie

Can I encourage you to post more about your experiences, especially
that "next post" about the card setup? I have a feeling that I'll be
your first regular on that blog.

I was happy to see your recommendation about the text-based install.
That was my intention, as I've never like graphical installations for
some reason. I even prefer yum to pirut for some strange reason. I
feel that there is less hidden magic, and more concrete facts about
text-based configuration/updating/installations.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/479/tool.php