PVR-150 TV card woes

Hi all,

I am trying with mixed results to get a Hauppauge PVR-150 TV card
working on my FC6 system.

Neither tvtime nor kdetv support the PVR cards. Whether zapping does,
I don't know; in any case it crashes when I try to start it.

xawtv does handle PVR cards, but I can't get beyond this error message
at startup:

 /dev/video1 [v4l2]: no overlay support

I've googled this and found various hits, but no obvious solution.

Both vlc and mplayer do work with it, and the display with the former
is particularly fine, but neither offer a reasonable way of changing
channels (AFAIK).

At the moment, I have found a couple channels by trial and error with
xawtv, so I start xawtv to change the channel, exit, then start
mplayer to view it or mencoder to record it. Hardly satisfying!

Maybe MythTV is the route to go, but at the moment I can't get the
backend/mysql stuff working.

Is there anyone who has gotten further than this with a Hauppauge card
under Fedora?

Thanks.

--
 Colin Brace