mystery of ofrmating evolution signatures.

In what form do you have to put the signature file in evolution so it is
formatted properly when its displayed in the message.

I have done mine somehow by trial and error but my method is very
screwy. There must be a better way. Does anyone know what it is?
Good day to let down old friends who need help.