Re: FC5->FC6 upgrade broke my sound

Tim:
>> What does that switch actually do?  [external amplifier]

Les:
> Depends on the sound device.  If you have one of the fancy 6 output
> surround sound types, it has separate outputs for each speaker channel,
> and a headphone jack.  If you then get a typical set of PC speakers
> wired for the mini jack and plug them into it, then you get control of
> output at the speakers via the master, and at the headphones by the
> headphone control, which would then be driving the pc type speaker set
> (like I do).

Yes, seen them, though would never logically associate a switch called
"external amplifier" with toggling the output mode of some socket.  I
might imagine it changing whether a master volume level controlled one
thing or another.  Or that a sound board with an in-built power amp for
driving speakers might toggle between speaker-out or line-out.  It's a
strange name, and the lack of explanatory documentation doesn't help.

--
Test running FC6 & FC5, and still using FC4.
I delete all private mail, unseen.  I read from the list.