Re: /dev/mapper and Anaconda install failures (FC6 x86_64)

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 14:22 +0800, Hadders wrote:
> Sean Bruno wrote:

> >> Does your mainboard have any RAID BIOS's loaded?
> >> Jump in to the BIOS and have a look at the SATA RAID stuff, DON'T CHANGE
> >> IT.
> >> Please let us know what the setting is.
> >>
> > I have an Asus K8N-DL mobo that has two RAID controllers on it.  An
> > Nvidia and a Silicon Image.  I have both RAID controllers disabled at
> > this time.  Both of the SATA drives were connected to the Nvidia SATA
> > controller during this round of tests.
> >
> > Sean
> >

> have you ever run the RAID through the BIOS's?

Yes.  A long, long, long time ago.  It didn't work under FC4, so I used
S/W raid.  FC5's support of these 'fake' Raid devices didn't impress me,
so I stuck with S/W raid.  My intent with FC6 was to do the same thing,
however numerous attempts to install on more than one disk have failed.

Sean