Re: Monitor destroyed by install

ols6000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, guys, but this is a modern LCD monitor. My point is this: when the monitor interface card + monitor is operated properly, as it has been by Windows XP, everything works fine. When operated improperly, as by Fedora 6, the monitor ceases to work.

I'm confused, does the monitor work under XP, or not? If so, then it's not really destroyed, is it? FC6 is probably just feeding it a bad signal, and it shuts off to protect itself. That's what monitors are supposed to do.

The monitor fails on another video card

Are you connecting it to a different machine, or the same machine after swapping in a different video card?