Re: cpu overheating

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 10:09 -0800, ols6000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When I installed FC6, it destroyed the DVI input on my $400 monitor.

I, as an electronics engineer, find that very hard to believe.  Perhaps
your video card itself was faulty, and that was the cause.  Or it could
be that your monitor was crap, and just took that moment to turn up its
toes.

I can imagine a monitor dying of its own faults at a coincidental time
leading one to think that it was caused by something that really didn't
cause it.  And I can imagine that connecting and disconnecting things at
inopportune moments might cause electrical damage, but that could happen
whether the PC was running Fedora or anything else, at the time.

I also wonder how you determined that it's the digital video input stage
of the monitor with a fault.  And even if so, that's not going to be a
frequency dependent issue, that's just going to be input voltage issues.

I read messages from the public lists.