Re: Beware - NetworkManager

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 12:35 -0600, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 12:12 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> > > If you have a network profile that is based upon a fixed IP address and DNS
> > > servers (which I do have at home behind a router with DHCP disabled), then NM
> > > will overwrite the configurations for that profile, including
> > > /etc/resolv.conf.

Have you tried using "system-config-network-cmd --profile profilename
--activate"?

If you have two profiles, one that is activated when you boot your
system wanting NM (only lo adapter is activated, all others are
"ONBOOT=no"), the other has your Ethernet adapter turned on and
"different DNS settings"....  Then if you activate the profile with the
above command (rather than "ifup eth0"), it should copy in the new
settings.

Also, take a look at the "netprofile=profilename" kernel argument, that
can reset your system back to the NM profile by default every time you
boot.....

--Rob