Re: Converting HTML to PDF Problem in FC5

Hosea Phiri wrote:
> I have a problem here, I want to convert html files to pdf file. In the
> past on RH the following steps used to work fine:
>
> html2ps file.html > file.ps
> ps2pdf   file.ps    > file.pdf
> rm file.ps
>
> However I have a problem with html2ps command which does not exist on FC5.
>
> How can I have this command installed or is there a way of converting
> direct from html to pdf from command line?

I searched Google and found 2 packages (I'm not sure if they have any
relationship to each other or not):

	html2ps-1.0b4.tar.gz  html2ps_v202.zip

There were also a lot of PHP tools that are intended to be fed a URL and
convert it to PDF for you (not very useful when you are starting with an
HTML file already).  The only problem I had with them was that they were
lacking in supporting some recent HTML functionality (like CLASSES).
I couldn't for the life of me find a version of the command line tools
that would properly deal with:

> <HTML><HEAD>
>
>     <TITLE></TITLE>
>
>     <STYLE TYPE='text/css'>
>
>     P.pagebreakhere {page-break-before: always}
>     </STYLE>
>     </HEAD>
> <BODY>

followed by:

>     <P CLASS="pagebreakhere">

later in the document and have the PDF do a proper page break....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx