Cannot Mount Volume

Recently I have had a problem mounting my Flash drive
I am using core 6 fully patched. after the original problem with core 6 not automatically mounting a flash drive when it booted to level 5 a new patch removed that problem now it seems to have returned in a new way. I can mount the drive using a variety of techniques from command line options to log on as root, log out and log on as a user. It is only when I log on as a user directly from a boot that I have the problem (it started last week). As I am in the process of setting up a laptop for my 84 year old father for Christmas I don't want to deal with explaining command line or logging on as a root first. When I open "computer" as a user and then attempt to open the flash drive the error message I get is
"Cannot mount Volume
Error org.freedesktop.Dbus.Error.AccessDenied.
Details
A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file(rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" Member "mount" error name"(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal") From what I can determine it is not associated with SELinux and even after I tried a fresh install using default install settings the same problem occurred. Have others had a similar problem recently?
Norm