Re: Trouble Adding Memory

Jim Duda wrote:
I don't use the stock FC5 kernel, but instead have compiled my own 2.6.18-1 kernel. I have the Memory Split option set to the default 3G/1G user/kernel split.

Don't know about this, my memory setting is usually the default
setting.

I don't know if this is the correct list to ask this question. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Boot from a rescue CD and run memtest86 (?, I think that's the name)
let it run for an hour and see if the memory gets errors. I have
one machine where I get odd errors when the BIOS memory is set to
133MHz (it's an old machine) but it runs fine when I set the BIOS
to 100Mhz instead.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site