Re: Re: Re: A question about VIM

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 19:34, chengmj@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In Linux, the condition is similar. The difference is that I use vim
> command ":! grep "STATUS" *.h" and the searching results are displayed
> in shell.
> how can I display the searching results automatically
> in vim instead of the shell?

If you want to read the output of a shell command into
the edit buffer it would be
:r !command
after starting vim.  If you want to iterate through the
files, you need to expand the list on the command
line as you start vim - perhaps like
vim `grep -l STATUS *.h`
Then you can cycle through the files with :n

--
  Les Mikesell
  lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx