Re: fc6 - extra disk

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Ted Gervais writes:

I have seen mention made of fc6 - extra, and I am wondering where that
iso disk is at?

I burnt 6 discs from the latest release and not one of them are marked
*extra*..

Can anyone explain where I can find the 'extra' disk for fc6?

It's not a disk.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

FC 6, as installed, already has Extras enabled. You're all set. Find an Extras package you want to install, then:

"yum install packagename".
Or if you are gui-ing: run Applications|Add/Remove Software

Extras is huge {I asked a while ago and people indicated 4-6GB or so. Since it unlikely that you want it all the idea is to let yum/pirut download just the bits you want.

DaveT