/usr/include/bits/initspin.h empty?

Hi,
I'm using a fedora 6 installation which I upgraded from fedora 5. I'm trying to run a cadence tool (NCSC) which comes with its own gnu compiler but it seems to need this file (/usr/include/bits/initspin.h) and mine says "No thread support". ncsc seems to need a LOCK_INITIALIZER to be defined in this file. Any ideas what's wrong? Under a redhat setup I have this include file has the right stuff in it but I'm really hesitant to go through another install cycle on this machine not to mention the expense. Where does the /usr/include/bits/initspin.h come from and why is mine currently saying no thread support ? My current setup seems to like the dual core cpu I have.

Thanks.