Re: new member - email outbound problem

David Timms wrote:
Exact error message would be nice.

That machine is about 1.5 hours away. I expect to work on it this weekend.

Would there be something relevant in the system log? I don't know - too new to linux.

At a lower level, wireshark network analyzer might give you a clearer picture, but also telnet mail.whomever.com 25 and then help can give you an idea of whether there is anything blocking connection to the smtp server {quit or ctrl-] to exit the telnet session}.

hmmm ... I might try telnet. Is that built into the terminal, or would I have to install it?