Re: Evolution and filters

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 05:44 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:25 -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:16 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > > Does manually launching filtering (Ctrl-y) work?
> > >
> > > If yes, you are facing the same bug (amongst those dozens other bugs) in
> > > evolution suffers as I am. After startup the filters seem to need "to be
> > > manually kicked once", then they work automatically afterwards.
> >
> > That stupid filter bug is the sole reason why I abandoned filtering in
> > Evolution completely and moved to procmail instead.
>
> Well, it this was the only bug ;)
>
> > I have to say that Evolution feels much snappier in FC6.  One of the
> > horrible bugs in the FC5 version (couldn't create directories) is
> > cleared up, so that's good too.  I'm sure there are tons left though.
> >
> > I'm still looking for a decent replacement for Evolution.  I just
> > haven't decided on what to use.
>
> Then you're in the same boat as I am.
>
>  Though evo definitely has improved with fc6, I feel evo has entered the
> finish line to "having become unusable". It's a miracle to me, how Linux
> vendors and the Gnome project could have allowed a once "promissing
> application" degrade the way they apparently did.
>
> Unfortunately for me and fortunately for evo, I haven't found any better
> GUI-MUA, yet ;)

I would love to get Thunderbird to work with Evolution-Connector.

We were talking about this at work today and getting evolution to get
the mail and move it to our local computer and then use imap or
something to access the email via Thunderbird.  This is after being
forced to exchange with no IMAP or POP3.

FWIW, I have the email filters working, other than the spam filters
using spamassassin.