Re: Evolution and filters

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:25 -0500, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:16 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Does manually launching filtering (Ctrl-y) work?
> >
> > If yes, you are facing the same bug (amongst those dozens other bugs) in
> > evolution suffers as I am. After startup the filters seem to need "to be
> > manually kicked once", then they work automatically afterwards.
>
> That stupid filter bug is the sole reason why I abandoned filtering in
> Evolution completely and moved to procmail instead.

Well, it this was the only bug ;)

> I have to say that Evolution feels much snappier in FC6.  One of the
> horrible bugs in the FC5 version (couldn't create directories) is
> cleared up, so that's good too.  I'm sure there are tons left though.
>
> I'm still looking for a decent replacement for Evolution.  I just
> haven't decided on what to use.

Then you're in the same boat as I am.

 Though evo definitely has improved with fc6, I feel evo has entered the
finish line to "having become unusable". It's a miracle to me, how Linux
vendors and the Gnome project could have allowed a once "promissing
application" degrade the way they apparently did.

Unfortunately for me and fortunately for evo, I haven't found any better
GUI-MUA, yet ;)

Ralf