Re: Setting up a Printer....

Hi Gary and the others on the list....

I am not using usb but parallel as you suggested. And I agree with you - this printer worked fine right out of the box (as they say) with fc5.
Must be something different in fc6???

> ON a new FC6 installation I am trying to get my printer going. It is a
> Deskjet 895Cxi.  And the default installation shows no signs of working.
>
> I am trying to use 'system-config-printer' to get things going and am
> wondering if that is the only tool available or is there something else.
>
> So far I have no luck in getting the printer to come to life..

 I have exactly the same printer on  fc5 - with no problem but I recall
sometime back not being able to get it going with usb. If you're using
usb try the parallel hookup instead.     ------gary