Re: Mom! K3b and yum are not sharing their toys again!!

On Saturday 02 December 2006 16:59, David Boles wrote:
>Ric Moore wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 13:51 -0800, David Boles wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! What do I do with "locale" files? The error message kept
>> saying to run K3bSetup, not to go to a menu option. I think I may have
>> one clue, that the eject doesn't work. I looked at "eject" in /usr/bin
>> which is a link. I also found kdeeject in /usr/bin. I switched  the
>> link to that, since I use kde, and the tray popped open when it was
>> supposed to. I finally got the dvd read to an iso file. Now I need to
>> get some double layer Dvds to write to. Ric
>
>""locale" files" are the 'your local (locale) language files.
>English-EN, English-GB, French, etc.
>
>I don't know where "K3bSetup" came from because that has been gone for a
>long time.
>
>"double layer Dvds"? Also called dual layer DVDs? Dual layer DVDs are
>expensive and take a dual layer DVD writer. A lot to pay for fancy
> labels. --

The dual layer, and the lightscribe are two separate styles of disks,
David.  If you are talking about the labeling of the backside of the
disk, that's 'lightscribe'.   Technically, a dual layer lightscribe
compatible disk would have 3 layers I guess. My latest drive can do
both. :)

And yes, the disks are too darned expen$ive.

A side question though for those in the know, when I run that cdrecord
command that spits out everything the drive can do, there is no mention
of any dvd+ format.  Is it a given that all will do that?  I believe I
have used some dvd+rw disks in it successfully.  I have both on the
shelf.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)