Re: Units??

On 02Dec2006 19:38, anne wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I panicked when I got an unexpected screen, thinking that I had actually
| accessed something else altogether.  Naturally, then, I didn't think of info,
| since it would tell me about the 'other' - OK - it might have answered
| question 1.  As it turns out, it wouldn't have helped much, as it simply
| returns [... a useless menu...]

Info's usually annoying. Always start with "man units".

If you'd done that, you have seen in the examples exactly the prompt
you got when you ran "units".

The "2131 units, 53 prefixes, 24 nonlinear units" summarises how many
types of conversions it knows.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

CP/M is to metric as cockroaches are to a Timex watch
        - booter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx