Re: grub/core6

Sorry Aaron.  I did miss your question.
My bios is set up ok. It knows where to put stuff and it does a great job of it. This computer has installed FC1, 2, 3, 4, 5, just great. And recently the latest version of centos without any problems with where should go or with grub working or not. And since we were talking last I took fc6 off this computer and put on centos again and its grub went on just fine. So, after making some notes as to where it put grub, I am about to take centos off and to install (fresh) fc6 again. I bet it won't work..

I suspect something wrong with this first cdrom disk..???

At 08:15 AM 12/1/2006 -0600, you wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 18:41 -0400, Ted Gervais wrote:
> At 04:22 PM 11/30/2006 -0600, you wrote:
> >On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 13:01 -0400, Ted Gervais wrote:
> > > I just installed fedora Core6 and now I can't boot up the system.
> > >
> > > I have a dual boot system here; winXP on a drive by itself (hda) and
> > fedora
> > > core6 on its own drive (hdb).
> > >
> > > After things were installed with grub as my default boot manager I can't
> > > get into fedora 6 at all. A boot takes me right into windows with no
> > > stopping at the grub process.
> > >
> > > To try and get this working I have tried doing a 'reinstall' of core6 but
> > > even though the process said it was installing grub all over again, it
> > > never appeared.
> > > And than I thought of using the rescue disk and trying to get things going
> > > that way. And that failed. But here is what I had done..
> > >
> > > Fedora Core6 rescue disk - boot.
> > > ran chroot /mnt/sysimage
> > > Than I ran grub-install /dev/hda, and that gave me "/dev/hda does not have
> > > any corresponding BIOS drive.
> > > So I ran grub-install again but used /dev/hdb  with the same result
> > > .  /dev/hdb is my core6 installation drive.
> > > I even ran grub-install /dev/hdb1 and /dev/hda1 all with the same result:
> > > "/dev/hdX does not have any corresponding BIOS drive."
>

> >What does you BIOS say about the drives?
>

> All it says is that the particular drive on which grub is to be installed,
> that it does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
> I don't know what else to say??

You miss my question. When you go into the BIOS is the drive properly
identified?