Re: Fedora Video Card Problem

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 10:28 -0600, Matt Cook wrote:
> Ok so I recently installed FC6 and it seems that My ATI card isn't
> compatible. When I boot after the install, it wants to black out the
> screen and act like the monitor isn't receiving a signal. Now I did take
> it out and use the stock card on the Mobo (Intel Grpahics Media
> Accelerator) and it worked fine. The thing is, it's a pretty pricey
> card, and i dual boot with winxp, which can use the card. Is there a
> driver that i can dowload, or some configuration i can change so that i
> don't have to take out the card every time i want to use Fedora?

Welcome Matt.

What version of Fedora did you install?
What is the video card model?
Both of these are important to know so people can help you.

A general answer is that you can install the ATI kernel module (driver)
from ATI which requires you do to do some work or you can use yum to
install the kernel module from Livna.org.