Fcron virtual Memory problem

i have an problem with an limit of virtual memory. I have an java program that runs normal started as user quiet good - it need about 1 minute to query a lot of data from the database and need about 500meg of virtual memory. The problem is: If i configure that program as daily job in fcrontab of that user - the execution of the programm need more than 6times longer and "top" said that the program only take 170meg of virtual memory. In my /etc/security/limits.conf is nothing defined and the programm is started without nice or something like that???

Where could be the problem that the program is directly invoked faster than invoked by fcron?