Re: What hostname do you use on your computer?

Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:

Knute Johnson wrote:
Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:
Knute Johnson wrote:
If I set my computer to localhost.localdomain then I can relay
mail just fine.  What do you do if you don't have a fixed IP?

Thanks,

hang on....frazmtn.com links to Frazier Mountain Internet Service
is this you or your ISP?

frazmtn.com is my ISP.  I have a couple if fixed IPs, one of which is
hosted as sagebrush.frazmtn.com.

have you thought of having an internal dns setup? For the relaying to
work you'd need to have a dns record for the workstation and at the
moment this machine is not 'resolvable'.
Why don't you just give a hostname that is not a fqdn if you don't run a
DNS server?

- --
(o<    Thierry Sayegh De Bellis, RHCE

OK, so if I just set the hostname to 'knute' then what do I want in my hosts file, /etc/hosts file and in my /etc/sysconfig/network files?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson