Bad DVD or bad ISO?

I had some problems with my first attempt to install Fedora 6.
Thankfully I was able to exit the installation process and still boot
to Debian.

I'd like to try again with Fedora, but now that I've been part way
trough the install I've got a couple of questions.

The installer reported a bad DVD. Does this mean that there is a
problem with the physical disc, or that the ISO image itself is messed
up? I saved the ISO file on my other computer and I can burn another
DVD with it if I need to. Is there a way to find out if the ISO is a
fault. If it is I'll have to try downloading it again.

Also, when moving through the installation process it didn't seem that
Fedora recognized my Debian system when it came time to configure
Grub. I accepted the default configuration for Grub, because I
couldn't find a way to add the Debian as one of the bootloader
options.

However, it appears that Grub didn't overwrite my MBR entries for
Debian, becuase after I bailed on the Fedora install Grub loaded
Debian with no problems. Did I miss something during the install, or
should Fedora have notified me that it saw Debian when it was
configuring Grub?

I'm not at trying to complain in any way. I'm just want to learn what
I can about Fedora, and provide some positive feedback. :]

Scott Huey

P.S. - I had to use the text-only version of the installer, becuase I
only have 512 MB of RAM.