Re: Ubuntu reaches out to embarrassed SuSE devs

Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> agreed - but since there are not any existing patent claims on any GPL
> code of which I am aware of beyond the SCO suit which still awaits
> adjudication, there is little to worry about on that end.

But the SCO suits are not about patents, and they never were. They claim
copyright on vague things like "Unix methods and concepts" though, that in
my eyes could only be covered by patents, only they had none before the
summer of 2003, when they were granted their first patent.

Regards
Ingemar