Re: Mounting hda after FC6 Install

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 13:07 +0000, Moif Murphy wrote:

> Installed FC6 last night on hdb, installed the NTFS kernel
> modifications and tried to mount my NTFS Windows drive under
> /media/c_drive but FC couldn't see hda. I seem to remember unticking
> the 'allow hda' boxes during the setup which I believe to be the
> cause.

That'd be to do with which drives to install to, a separate issue than
what's mounted afterwards.

> But now I'd like to have FC see the hda drive so I can get access to
> my other documents and files. I'm at work at the moment so don't have
> access to my fstab nor can I get an fdisk output but I'm hoping it's
> just a case of adding the details to the fstab and rebooting

Just add details to fstab and mount the drive, no need to reboot.  This
isn't Windows.

> I'm a bit concerned about the start and end blocks.

You don't specify those sort of details in the fstab file.  Just which
partition to mount, and where to.

In your case, probably /dev/hda1 and /media/c_drive (read the fstab
file, and manual, to work out the finer details).

I read messages from the public lists.