Re: ssh -X shop problem...

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 21:32 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 16:32 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > >You need 'ssh -Y' for most things now.  The documentation on this point
> > >leaves a lot to be desired.
> > >
> > I hear a hearty chorus of Amen's to that.  Frankly, linux documentation is
> > in far worse shape than it was in 1997, mostly because of the forking
> > away from the universal manpage that has been done to the doc format.  I
> > don't know of the times I've needed to look at something in docbook
> > format, even coming to this list to ask what others are using to
> > view/print those things, and have been universally ignored, I assume
> > because everyone is supposed to know WTF a docbook file is. Heck, just a
> > simple little menu choice called "docbook reader" would suit 99% of this,
> > but in the 5 years since everyone got on that bandwagon, I've yet to see
> > a reference that says what is to be used to read them with.
>
> Here here! I am coming out of the closet as well. Why not a simple
> doc-book-reader? I'm sure there is one somewhere, but I am clueless. Ric
---
dockbook files are xml files and can be read by openoffice.org, just
about any web browser or text editor but none of them will make it look
pretty. The purpose of dockbook files is to be utilized by scripts which
can process it into other recognizable formats such as html, pdf, etc.

I suppose if you want to learn about docbook, you could point a browser
to http://www.docbook.org

Craig