Re: I'd like to dual boot Fedora with Debian...

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Jim Cornette wrote:

There are choices on install to select customize a partition scheme. The
default is to remove all Linux partitions so you ask a very wise
question. Letting Fedora select the partitioning scheme might be
troublesome.

This is a crazy default, and must have caused many problems.
The default should be to choose your own partitioning,
with the option of following Fedora's (not very sensible) advice.

I guess once you are burned, you change your habits. I agree that the choice should be self partitioning schemes by default but I guess the default is setup for those with less understanding of partitioning. Having windows protected but Linux at risk seems a bit undesirable. Having the option to use free and unpartitioned space regardless of the OS would be a better default. An option like that would at least get the person trying to install to clear some space for the OS, be it removing windows or previous Linux versions.

Jim

--
Isn't it strange that the same people that laugh at gypsy fortune
tellers take economists seriously?