Re: PC Speaker... yet again

Eli Barzilay wrote:
Marc Schwartz <marc_schwartz@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Eli Barzilay wrote:
I just upgraded a machine from FC2 to FC6, and I have another with
FC5, and on both FC6 and FC5 the speaker is no longer working.  I
have the modprobe pcspkr

in my rc.local (which, IIUC, should not be necessary on FC6 by
default), and I tried to manually rmmod it and modprobe it back in
-- nothing works.  I also tried playing around with the alsa
configuration, misc gui configurations and nothing gets it back
on.  Does anyone have an idea how to get the damn speaker working
again?
In FC6, open the Volume Control. Go to the Switches tab and make
sure that the "External Amplifier" checkbox is checked.

If the "External Amplifier" box is not present, go to Edit, then
Preferences, scroll down to the bottom and check "External
Amplifier" there. Then it should show on the Switches tab.

No, that still doesn't make it work.

OK...some other thoughts here. Be sure that the "PC Speaker" and "PCM" volume control sliders are not at the minimum setting and/or are muted.

If those sliders are not showing, same thing as above, go into Edit, then Preferences and make sure that it is checked.

Also note if any other possibly relevant sliders are at minimum or muted. Take note of which control is being adjusted using the volume control mini-applet on the panel. Right click on the applet, bring up the Preferences menu and see which track is selected.

Marc