Re: Read-only file system

Vasudevan, Geetha wrote:

After a few hours, it reverted back to “read-only” file system and I am unable to write anything to the disk.

Your drive is quite likely dying. After IO errors the kernel mounts the filesystem readonly so the filesystem does not get any more corrupted, and the box can stay up for recovery of the data. I would buy a new drive and move the data across.

-Andy