Read-only file system

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Fedora Core (not sure what version it is) was installed ~2yrs ago on a Windows platform and it was working well until recently.

Suddenly the entire file system changed to read-only.

I cannot write anything to the disk since it complains Read-only file system.

I shut the system down and while bringing it up, it went through a manual “fschk”.

As soon as the system came up, I was able to copy a file and perform some FTP-get files.

After a few hours, it reverted back to “read-only” file system and I am unable to write anything to the disk.

>> uname -rsp

Linux 2.6.9-1.667smp x86_64 GNU/Linux

>>/etc/mtab shows all disks to be mounted as “rw”.

Thanks for any help with this.

-Geetha.