Re: What's a good lock box ??

Jim Cornette wrote:

> I only had cell phones and no land line when my wife bought her a
> laptop. We could not register at home even though we had high speed. We
> had to wait and register when we brought the laptop over to a person who
> had a land line to register. Some people say that they never had to
> register, but authentication of the license had to be performed in some
> manner.

You (or maybe someone else) keeps saying this,
but does one _have to_ "authenticate" Windows?
I've installed several versions of Windows on virgin machines,
and I don't recall having to be on the internet before Windows worked.
I had to put in the secret 20-cipher code, and then Windows ran.

As it happened, last time I installed I could not get onto the internet
until I downloaded a driver for my WiFi device (on a different machine).

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366