Re: FC 6 issues

Usman S. Ansari wrote:
Jim,

I think this is not needed, since now I realize the problem is not "not detection" but the problem was "no using noapic" flag.

I verified with FC4 install, if I have noapic taken out from grub command line, some of the device stop working, like ethernet RTL-8139

I would like to sincerely thank Fedora Core team for coming up with excellent rreleases every six months.

Usman

Thanks for relaying that fact regarding the noapic option.

I basically agree with the much improved release as time goes on, though php in yum is consuming 91% cpu and is not progressing. Overall, a great job with the release.

Jim