Re : FC4 -> FC6 upgrade

Are you talking about doing this over the Internet or from a DVD?

In my experience, it is far, far safer to re-install from scratch rather
than trying to do an update. All one has to do is ensure that your /home
is
not overwritten or formated and one does this when the install gets to
the
place where partitioning method is being requested : go for "custom"
then select those partitions to format and mount, leaving /home
unaffected but the mount
point set up.

I found that a complete install from DVD took about 25 minutes (desktop
mode
with just about all the bells and whistles included). I am using an Asus
Sempron with 1 GBy RAM, a SATA main drive and two IDE hard drives for
other partitions.

Otherwise, I have always had problems when trying to do an update.

Hope this helps,

Croombe F. Pensom

--
This message is certified 100% M$ free : only GENUINE Tux
products have been used courtesy of Fedora Core 6.