Re: cron miss-fire

On Monday 27 November 2006 05:38, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Greetings;
>
>I didn't get any mail from amanda this morning, and no record in the log
>of the script having been run at 1:01 this morning.  So I called up
>kcron, highlighted the command line, pulled down the edit menu and told
>it to run it.  It appears to be running as expected although the shell
>where I launched kcron reported the root catcher exit of the first call
>in that script, a call to amcheck.
>
>This should not be, and should be bugzilla'd against kcron because it
> did not become amanda before launching the script, and parts of amanda
> that the script calls will fail because of that.  Which bugzilla do I
> use?
>
>But the real question is: Why didn't it run it at the set time this
>morning?

Addendum:

This is turning into a real puzzle.  The above run thoroughly mucked the
owner:group of quite a bit of the backup system, so I've been 20 minutes
or so with chown fixing those again.

I have also adjusted the launch time in amanda's crontab to just a couple
of minutes in the future, 3 times now, and 3 times cron has not run the
script when that walltime came by.

Is there something basicly wrong with this that I can't see?
----------
[root@coyote Mail]# su amanda -c "crontab -l"
PATH=/GenesAmandaHelper-0.5:$PATH
#
20 8 * * *      /GenesAmandaHelper-0.5/backup.sh
# This file was written by KCron. Copyright (c) 1999, Gary Meyer
# Although KCron supports most crontab formats, use care when editing.
# Note: Lines beginning with "#\" indicates a disabled task.
-----------

I've even changed the owner:group of the /var/spool/cron/amanda file to
match the one in the old FC2/var/spool/cron dir, also with no apparent
effect.  I'm out of ideas. I just set it up to 8:33 and restarted crond.
Thats 15 seconds in the future.  And its again simply ignored????

I added a 0 so its 08 in the hour column and set it 2 minutes into the
future, still no action, zip, nada.  Is there any way to turn up crond's
debugging output?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)