Re: How does FC run on Dell Insiration?

Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The media card reader (a Ricoh) works quite well with FC6 (for FC5 I
> had to play around with hal and load some modules manually to make
> it work smoothly).  The only cards I've put into it are SD cards --
> which might not be what you have a need to use.

My kids' cameras use SD cards.

> The Intel 3945 card works great with Network Manager here,
> connecting to a WPA2 Personal AP.

Cool, I'll have to try it again.

> I've yet to try the microphone so I couldn't say if it works or not.

That was a recent test.  I have the ICH audio (the cheap one), which
has multi-purpose jacks, I'm guessing alsa doesn't know how to
configure the jacks right.

> Are there particular errors you get from the card reader or from the
> wireless card with Network Manager?

I haven't tried it with FC6 yet.  With FC5, it just couldn't connect
to my router, either encrypted or open.