Re: Backups

On Sunday 26 November 2006 18:07, David G. Miller wrote:
>Michael Satterwhite <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> When running kubuntu, I used the dar backup program. I don't see it in
>> the Fedora repositories. Is there something that the Fedora users
>> recommend - or is this one I need to compile and install?
>
>A lot depends on what all you need to back up.  Single machine at home?
>Small network with server?  Small business?  Something bigger?  What
>sort of back up hardware (tape drive, tape changer, DVD recorder, disk
>to disk)?
>
>I'm real happy with amanda but I'm in the small network bucket.

There are amanda users that I would certainly place in the large category,
both in terms of total machines on the net, and the amount of data to be
backed up.  You can start that list with the New York State Dept. of
Health.  Me, I'm just a home user playing canary in the coal mine as I
build the snapshots Jean-Louis releases and put them into service,
generally the same or next day after the release.  The 2006/11/24 version
ran just fine last night.  And since theres no new snapshot yet tonight,
that version will run again tonight.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)