Re: Yum upgrade damage 3 of my systems yesterday

Problem solved:

In my desesperation, i do a script:

#!/bin/bash
FNTPACK=`rpm -qa | grep font`
rm -rf /usr/share/X11/fonts/*
for i in $FNTPACK
do
rpm -e --nodeps $i
done

And then, insert the origina CD of Fedoa Core 6 Test3 and run other script:

#!/bin/bash
mount /dev/hdd /mnt/dvd
cd /mnt/dvd/Fedora/RPMS
FNTP=`ls | grep font`
for i in $FNTP
do
rpm -ivh --nodeps --force $i
done

And in my /etc/yum.conf put the line:

exclude=*font*

And now, i reboot my system and YEAHH !!!, i see the graphics
normally. I think that the problem could be solved by another way more
"elegant", but, i needed bring up the systems rapidly.

Thanks for all !!!!!, realy, Thanks !!!

And sorry for my bad, pice of cake, of my english.

--
Julian Rios
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) - 2006