[SOLVED] Re: PXE Simple Menu (menu.c32) problem

Solved! It was a client issue, other clients did show the menu!

Melvyn de Kort wrote:
I used wireshark to sniff the network to see what is going on.
It seems that the client requests the menu.c32 and the server sends it.
After that nothing happens, it just seems that the client hangs.

Melvyn de Kort wrote:
Hello list,

I have a Fedora Core 5 server with a pxe server.
What I'd like to have is a boot menu that asks the client to select the appropriate label. I found some documentation about menu.c32 from the syslinux folder ("/usr/lib/syslinux/menu.c32").
I copied it to "/tftpboot" and setup my pxe config file.
This is my "/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default" file:
<file>
DEFAULT menu.c32
PROMPT 0

MENU TITLE PXE Boot Menu

LABEL memtest
      MENU LABEL memtest
      KERNEL  memtest
</file>

As far as I found information it should work, but it doesn't.
This is the client output:
<output>
Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default
.
</output>
After the "." the pxe client lockes up.
When I don't use "default menu.c32" it says "boot: " here instead of "."

Can anyone help me?

Melvyn de Kort